Here are 7 great exercises High Jump Exercises with 5-Time Olympian Amy Acuff that you can use with your athletes.
In the video below Amy demonstrates at 9 different types of exercises designed to increase the strength, flexibility and mobility needed to be a successful high jumper.
Here is a list of the exercises:
- Single Leg Hop Series – to strengthen the ankle and hip
- Skips – helps develop the rhythm needed for the penultimate step
- Hanging Knee Drill – works on lig drive on the takeoff
- Swiss Ball Hamstring Exercises – stretches 3 divisions of the hamstring
- Swiss Ball Hip Exercises – increase hip mobility
- Air Hurdles – stimulates the nervous system
- Core Strength – two exercises: V-ups and Back Hypers w/Twist
- 3 Step Pop-up w/ Med Ball – simulates the end of the approach
- Freeze Depth Jumps
The video below has audio, so please make sure that your speakers are on and the volume is turned up